-
I’ve got a bit of a worrying situation with my Pacifica Hybrid because a warning light came on the other day related to the charging system, and I’m honestly not sure who to even take it to for something like this. The car still drives fine and seems to charge normally when I plug it in, but the light comes on intermittently and it’s got me concerned that there might be an issue with the battery management system or the onboard charger. I know these hybrid systems are incredibly complex and not something you want just any mechanic messing around with, especially since they deal with high voltage components that require proper training and equipment to work on safely. I’ve called a few places and most of them didn’t even want to touch it when I mentioned it was a hybrid, which is understandable but also really frustrating because I need to get this sorted. I’m looking for a shop that actually has experience with Chrysler hybrids and the proper diagnostic tools to figure out what’s going on. I’ve been searching for Exclusive Chrysler Maintenance in Abu Dhabi and hoping to find a specialist who can handle this without me having to go to the dealer and pay their premium prices. Has anyone here had hybrid system issues with their Pacifica or similar Chrysler and found a good independent specialist who could properly diagnose and fix the problem? I’d really appreciate some guidance because I’m feeling a bit lost with this one.
Intermittent charging warning on a Pacifica Hybrid that still charges fine is often the 12V battery or a loose connection rather than the big pack. These cars lean hard on the 12V, and a weak one throws odd hybrid warnings. Get it load tested before anyone talks about the high voltage side.
Had a similar light come on in mine last summer and it turned out to be a software update the dealer needed to flash on the charger module. Nothing was actually broken. Ask whoever you take it to whether they can read the stored codes and check for open FCA recalls or TSBs.
Careful with anyone who says they can “handle hybrids” but can’t say what tool they use. High voltage work needs proper insulated gear and trained techs, and a shop that’s vague on that is a risk to you and the car. I’d also check if your hybrid battery warranty is still active, because that’s usually longer than the main warranty.
What year is the Pacifica, and does the light show up while charging or only when driving? Also, does the dash give any message alongside it, like a service charging system note or a hybrid system warning? That would narrow things down a lot.
Check the charge port and the cable first, since dust and heat can foul the contacts and cause a flaky fault. Try a different outlet or charger and see if the light behaves the same. If it only shows up after sitting in the sun or right after a charge session, that’s worth noting for the technician.
Dealing with intermittent high-voltage charging warnings on a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid can be stressful, but finding a certified specialist in Abu Dhabi with dedicated Stellantis WiTECH diagnostic gear and insulated EV safety tooling is essential to trace whether the fault lies in the Power Inverter Module (PIM), the Battery Pack Control Module (BPCM), or simply an auxiliary 12V battery fluctuation—much like needing precision and strict methodology when executing an xactimate lab 6.1 roof sketch to get every measurement and slope calculation right. While official dealerships charge premium rates, reputable independent European and American vehicle specialists in Mussafah often possess the required Level 3/4 high-voltage training and factory scan tools to isolate Chrysler hybrid error codes without risking component damage. Booking an initial diagnostic scan with an independent workshop specializing in modern American hybrid powertrains will give you a clear readout of the stored trouble codes, allowing you to address the warning accurately before it affects your drive cycle or charging routine.
Pacifica Hybrid’s charging system warning – need a Chrysler expert
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
